From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: CFF Font Embedding (was Re: Here Comes MXMLC!)
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:30:05 GMT
As I search about implementing fonts in haXe i stumbled upon this [1]. I
have to say hxswfml is easier to read than the fontforge source.

yours
Martin.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/hxswfml/source/detail?spec=svn118&r=117

On 30/03/2012 09:37, Dave Fisher wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2012, at 6:05 PM, Left Right wrote:
>
>> Aha... so, as far as I could understand, CFF is different from TTF in that
>> it uses cubic curves for outlines instead of quadratic. Is there anything
>> else that is different?
>> Would this also mean that fonts, originally in OTF (CFF) format can be
>> compiled right away w/o needing to do some [more] complex math to translate
>> outlines fairly? If so, that could be a start, well, at least for people
>> who use CFF for the features built on top of it rather then for it's own
>> qualities (*sigh* which is another interesting paradox of how originally
>> good idea turned into disaster...) could continue using it to some extent.
>> It's also strange that the format exists for almost 10 years, and
>> is standardized under ISO and no opensource libraries exist for using /
>> converting it? Sounds fishy, I'd say...
> FontForge might be a possibility. [1]
>
> It is only offered in source now. I've got to hold onto my old MacOS/X11 version. It
uses a revised BSD license which could be checked if the project is interested.