From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [RT] Voting Result was [VOTE][FLEX-7] package "org.apache.flex"
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 05:50:21 GMT
The issue Flex-1[1] contains all the steps that need to be done to
graduate. It contains Flex-7[2] to which this vote was about.

The discussion has been taken on before,
    pro:
      *) Other projects/companies can not argue about using "org.apache"
as it clearly states "property of apache org"
      *) Changing the namespace would be a sign of progress ...
    contra:
      *) The mx/spark packages are well known and no-one in the flash
world would try to use them
      *) We'd have to rework a LOT of documentation, classes etc. in
short tons of work
      *) Any depending project  (many!) would need to change their
references to match the change

yours
Martin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-1