From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [RT] Voting Result was [VOTE][FLEX-7] package "org.apache.flex"
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 04:02:49 GMT
On 04/04/2012 01:31, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> IMO the vote is about a project decision, not a specific code change,
> so that would be a majority vote of the PPMC members.

I am a little confused: Deciding to change the package structure would
be a major _code_ change. Sure: nobody did it yet (not committed
anywhere) but
stil: It would mean touching almost every file and that is a lot of work
on code. It will affect all 3rd parties using that code.

I guess its all about arguing.

> Best would have been to say "this majority vote is open for at least
> 72 hours" or something like that in the original vote to make that
> clear. Now, the goal is to reach consensus, not to fight on
> numbers...IMO consensus is only needed right now about keeping the
> package names or not for the first (or first few) Flex releases, and
> the discussion on the medium or long-term decision can happen again
> once those are out. Not having org.apache package names might come in
> question when the time comes to graduate, but nothing's urgent.

Okay: For the sake of the argument: If it was important right now to
reach consensus: How can a difficult result like this (30% +1 50% -1) be
treated? Would the topic be considered closed? If not: When to start a
revote? Should after discussion either all -1 or all +1 change their
vote on the former mailing list thread?

yours
Martin.

(Just wondering: Graduating isn't urgent?! okay...)