From Ariel Jakobovits <arielj...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: flex breakdown
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 08:18:06 GMT

> But don't ask the podling about its plans or intentions.
> There are none.  We will do what we have the time and energy to do.  Plans
> or intentions is just talk.  Apache is about code.

Have we already forgotten:

Alex:

Yes, we agree on that point. The Spark code was much faster than the MXML descriptor tree,
but I have a new proposed "descriptor" that is testing out to be just as fast as the Spark
code so I think we'll go with something like that when we finish up MXML in Falcon.
More on that when we get closer to contributing Falcon.

Arno:

Dear Alex,
The first rule of Apache is that if it doesn't happen here, it doesn't happen. Therefore either
you are working on ideas that could help us better compile MXML code, which you are about
to share with us imminently, or what you are working on is of no interest to the Apache Flex
project. It's time you and Adobe decided which it is. So cut the teasing act and either put
up or shut up.

Seems like roles have switched. I'm not taking sides, just saying.