From Ariel Jakobovits <arielj...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Database support for Adobe AIR
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 05:04:48 GMT
> AIR is not part of the Apache Flex project

I don't understand this response. Omar, perhaps you can define for me what is in scope for
Flex and what isn't. From Adobe's flex homepage:

"Flex is a powerful, open source application framework that allows you to easily build mobile
applications for iOS, Android™, and BlackBerry® Tablet OS devices, as well as traditional
applications for browser and desktop using the same programming model, tool, and codebase.

Server integration
Integrate with all major back ends including Java™, Spring, Hibernate, PHP, Ruby, .NET,
Adobe ColdFusion®, and SAP using industry standards such as REST, SOAP, JSON, JMS, and AMF."

Why would a set of components, visual or not, that allow one to connect to a database natively
not be complementary to an open source application framework that allows you to easily build
applications?

Ariel Jakobovits
Email: arieljake@yahoo.com
Phone: 650-690-2213