From Konstantin Elstner <>
Subject Re: Falcon JS is still alive?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:46:37 GMT
Hi Matteo,

Falcon JS is still under development by Adobe.
Falcon JS based on Flacon the new Actionscript Compiler from Adobe.

Adobe plans to commit Falcon and Flacon JS ( Falcon JS as "beta" build ) when Flacon is final.
Adobe plans to finalise Falcon until end this year / first quarter of next year.

You can find more information at the Adobe Flex whitepapers:

> Falcon compiler contribution to Apache
> Falcon 1.0 is the next generation compiler for ActionScript and is currently in development.
Upon completion of the ActionScript portion of the compiler, Adobe will contribute Falcon
1.0 to the Apache Flex Project, which we expect will be in Q4 2012.
> Falcon JS compiler contribution to Apache
> Falcon JS is an experimental ActionScript 3 compiler that targets JavaScript rather than
the Flash Runtime. Adobe will contribute the prototype of Falcon JS source code to the Apache
Flex Project after the completion and contribution of Falcon 1.0.

I do not exactly know if Flacon JS development continue is planned after the commit,
but I do not believe, that this development would be stopped ;)

Konstantin Elstner
Schönbrunnstraße 14
01097 Dresden