From Dany Dhondt <archeme...@mac.com>
Subject Re: ComboBox Selection (was: combo box)
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:51:13 GMT
Hi Mike,

The behavior solution would be an acceptable solution. Whether the functionality should be
implemented in the base component or higher up is up to the contributors with their level
of expertise but the use case of setting a combobox' selected item by an arbitrary value id
is very common one I believe, so I'm very much in favour of making it possible.

-Dany

Op 10-apr.-2012, om 21:28 heeft Michael A. Labriola het volgende geschreven:

>> I think you are referring to the decorator pattern. It has pros and cons, as do all
architectural decisions. Personally I am more interested in the what/result, not so much in
the how/way. But it takes all sorts, right?

> Nope. It's not a decorator pattern. Yes this idea does have pros and cons, and you can
reserve the right to be interested in anything you like.