From Tink <f...@tink.ws>
Subject Re: Apache Flex Namespace URI
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:25:06 GMT
We need to support separate names spaces for spark, mx and fx though.

Tink

Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> I don't know about Flex but in many cases changing namespace URIs is
>> problematic
>They  have no effect on ActionScript code (ie 99% of the SDK). It would effect MXML code
(but only files using the new name space) if a URI was changed. As far as I'm aware anyway
there may be a something I'm missing or don't know about.

>It would be easy enough to have an incubating URI and another URI when we graduate. They
could even point to the same manifest file (basically a list of classes for that namespace).