From Gabriel De Repentigny <gabriel.derepenti...@bisonline.com>
Subject Re: LCCS discontinued - infamous decision for Adobe clients
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:36:11 GMT
> What shoudl i do now when im a freelance and my clients app will stop
> running at the end of the year, and have no clear alternative?

If you haven't seen it already, you may want to check the LCCS forum at Adobe. There are several
threads where people are discussing LCCS alternatives and how to transition to them.

Also, Jeff Stanier from Adobe has a thread on that topic here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4277140

He even gives out his email address in case you want to contact him directly and discuss your
concerns (though I've no idea if that'll do any good). Perhaps the most encouraging part of
the thread is where he says:

"I hear you and Adobe hears you and we are taking a look at some other possible options to
ease your transition from LCCS. This research will take some time but we will work as quickly
as possible."

For your sake, hopefully that means they'll find a way to either transfer most of the LCCS
technology to someone else to run it or else donate it to the community.