From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] New Component: Toast Notification
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 00:22:01 GMT
Hi,

> The code is available at:
> http://code.google.com/p/flex-spark-toast/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fflex-spark-toast

Great contribution.

A couple of minor points.
1. Files need an apache header.
2. I think the logic in the show method regarding !showing and popupTimer reset may not be
correct. Not 100% sure.
3. A simple example showing how it should typically be used would help.

I've not done a lot of mobile work so perhaps some of the people on the list more experienced
with writing mobile components can add more feedback.

The biggest issue I see to having this included in a future SDK is that there are no tests.
As we're waiting on Mustella to be donated it would be good to see some FlexUnit tests giving
the component a workout.

Before this code was accepted as part of the Flex SDK you would most likely need to sign and
submit a CLA[1].

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas