From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Why Spark? (was Re: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components))
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 03:19:51 GMT
> In Conclusion in my opinion:
> Spark should be the base for all components from now on.
> MX should die mainly because we cant use it for Mobile and it is not
> based on Spark (that makes the SDK more hard to maintain).

MX can't die. It is still used by many more projects than Spark. It will need to be maintained
for the foreseeable future

> A new components list based on Spark should replace MX for easy and
> simple skinning use cases.

I think it's fine to have a rich set of skins that you can use if you want all of those styling
attributes. I would hate to penalize every project though. It still seems to me that, like
HGroup and VGroup, we can extend all of these classes and put them in a library... perhaps
SparkSimple. It's nothing but composed versions of the other classes with a more full featured
skin and additional style declarations. To me that would be the way to solve both issue.