From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Why Spark? (was Re: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components))
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 03:01:34 GMT
>I have no doubt that given this experience you are well suited to guide the core framework
internals in the future, but not if you can't recognize that it's a niche case and that mx
covered 95% of most user's needs.

Sorry, I seem incapable of getting all my thoughts out coherently tonight. Last thing, promise.

I don't expect, nor does the idea of Apache put me or anyone else in a position, to guide
or lead any part of this project. The only thing I plan to do is contribute my thoughts in
the form of code. Ultimately everyone, yourself included, will decide if those make sense
across the scope of all projects represented here. So, I guess my point is, if I solve the
problems I have and do it well, I think they will solve yours too. If I don't the whole of
this project will reject them. Ultimately my only hope is that they are evaluated in terms
of their ultimate utility in not just in terms of them being different than the way we have
always done x. My biggest fear is that we cling on to an idea of what flex did in mx or some
other timeframe and it can never be different.

Have a great weekend,
Mike