From "Michael A. Labriola" <>
Subject RE: Why Spark? (was Re: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components))
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 04:18:11 GMT

>the mx components were very well designed and complete and (though complicated) hit a
nice sweet spot between many trade-offs.

I do agree that it was often about what types of apps you were building, however, just to
provide another perspective, the mx components were neither well designed nor anywhere near
a sweet spot for the apps I was building. They were clunky, bloated, untestable messes that
required copying and pasting gobs of code or recompiling the whole SDK to add minimal additional
functionality. Every day we had to invoke an escape hatch to do the work we needed.

View raw message