From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Why Spark? (was Re: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components))
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 02:20:07 GMT
>Spark was supposed to enable fully-declarative skins for Flash Catalyst and leverage a
lot of other lessons learned from MX. But that didn't happen.

True, however, just moving the child instantiation out of the component has made this architecture
so much easier to work with and extend in practice. Often times we need half the code repetition
than before

>Spark apps aren't always performing better than their MX equivalents.

No, but its always what is provided and how its used