From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components)
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 22:05:08 GMT
>See, I have a problem with this.  Why would we not want to do that?  The ideal scenario
is keep the interface same/similar but support everything.
>Internally, we can do things efficiently.

That assumes that the way it did work was ideal or even good in some cases. I have no desire
to make transitions harder for people but you also don't want to couple all future development
to the interface of the past. To me having to replicate every property for border and layout
out to a component only to delegate it down to different pieces was a bad idea. I would hate
to have to always support it because we once did.

Mike