From "Michael A. Labriola" <>
Subject RE: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components)
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:37:46 GMT
>I didn't put 100%, I put just 100, 100 pixels. :P

I know and I knew you were going to call me on that but my over the top approach didn't work
as well with 100 pixels.

>But I get what you're saying, however, I still think that easing the migration path is
a worthy endeavor.  I'm not saying we need a class for every possible composition, that's
ridiculous. But I think we can raise the barrier to entry >for some MX users. You've stated
several times many companies are still on MX, I've talked to many companies as well that have
tried to do the migration from MX to Spark. The biggest pain point I commonly heard was the
>unclear path of migration for some of their components. Its not like based on the list
I'm proposing for hundreds of new components, its but a small handful of convenience classes,
some of which already exist such as s:HGroup >and s:VGroup.

I know. For consistency though, I actually argued against VGroup and HGroup too :) We see
how that went.

View raw message