From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components)
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:47:20 GMT

>I agree the name could be misleading, could benamed SkiinnableSeparator but this is another
component and could be contributed by interested developers.

Or, in the Flex 4 model, you can but an empty rectangle in the 'space' that you need. It doesn't
carry the weight of a whole component and is much more performant. I wouldn’t object if
you wanted to have a graphical element which just was used for spacing. It's not ideal in
my opinion but I get the reason. Having a whole component with all of that overhead and a
lifecycle just to space something out though is really wasteful