From Aaron Miller <amil...@learnatvivid.com>
Subject RE: Why Spark? (was Re: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components))
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 01:08:37 GMT
Yeah, I get it now. The term describes a specific methodology, where I understood it to mean
a general concept.

Regardless, I still stand by my point. The way forward for Flex is in "providing" implementation
details, rather than the more traditional approach of "sealing" them. Spark is a step in the
right direction.

All the best,

-
Aaron
From: Michael A. Labriola [labriola@digitalprimates.net]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 12:29 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Why Spark? (was Re: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components))

>Haha, yeah maybe you're right. I've always taken AOP as a loosely defined term (like OOP),
to mean the "composition of objects with cross-cutting concerns," where DI would be a design
pattern in which to achieve AOP. I didn't >realize the term was specific to the methodology.
I always use DI to compose my Spark components anyways (ala skinning), so I guess it's a moot
point for me. :)

I would actually think about it the other way. AOP can be used to facilitate DI.