From Aaron Miller <amil...@learnatvivid.com>
Subject RE: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components)
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:11:40 GMT
What about an extension to the framework (like TLF, OSMF, etc.), that provided additional "template"
components and skins, the purpose of which would serve as a clear migration path for Halo
based projects? This would allow projects to develop new functionality using Spark concepts,
while preserving (mostly) the functionality of existing code bases developed for MX. IMHO,
this would be a much better solution to bloating the core framework.

---
Just Some Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: Omar Gonzalez [mailto:omarg.developer@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:58 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components)

I didn't put 100%, I put just 100, 100 pixels. :P

But I get what you're saying, however, I still think that easing the migration path is a worthy
endeavor.  I'm not saying we need a class for every possible composition, that's ridiculous.
But I think we can raise the barrier to entry for some MX users. You've stated several times
many companies are still on MX, I've talked to many companies as well that have tried to do
the migration from MX to Spark. The biggest pain point I commonly heard was the unclear path
of migration for some of their components. Its not like based on the list I'm proposing for
hundreds of new components, its but a small handful of convenience classes, some of which
already exist such as s:HGroup and s:VGroup.

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org