From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: mx PostCode validator class
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 05:36:28 GMT
Hi,

> That's cool!
Thanks!

> For a Postal Code validator, I believe you'll need a thorough suite of
> tests to validate (pun!) that the class works for the wide variety of
> Postal Formats.
There a fair representative set of tests  so far (look at PostCodeValidatorTests.as) but extra
tests are easy to add. Give it a try if you want.

> Is there an ISO-Standard for Postal Codes? Or perhaps an agreed upon
> standard for Formats for each country-code?
There an agreed format for each country obviously :-)  I think a generic class when the user
supplies the format is more maintainable, a bit more flexible and requires far less code.

Justin