From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [OT] What are we doing here?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:23:26 GMT
Hi,

I feel your frustration but things are being done.

We currently are hampered a litlte by:
1. Delay in transfer of the JIRA bug base to Apache JIRA
2. A way of testing any submitted changes to the SDK

Both of these are being worked on it's just taking a little longer than expected. The framework
SDK code has been donated and is in SVN.

I have set up a patches branch is SVN which is intended for any patches while we wait further
donations from Adobe. So far we have just some improvements to the build scripts and addition
of an en_AU and en_GB locale resource files.

If you have any patches you like to be applied post them to the list/place in JIRA and I'll
see if I can get them committed. If you want to be involved pick something that annoys you
in Flex and see if you can make it better. For me it was lack the lack of a en_AU locale in
the SDK and it's gone on from there :-)

I've been working on a PostCodeVlidatator/Formatter. I like to see that committed once it
has a little more feedback. We are still trying to work out a way and reach a consensus on
exactly how new components are added.

Other people are working on improved Spark layouts and several other things. I too would like
to see more discussion and reviews of the several proposals that have been sent to the mailing
list, but please keep in mind that all people here are volunteers so things may not progress
as quickly as we all would like.

Thanks,
Justin