From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: While we're waiting for Mustella
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:59:40 GMT
Hi,

Results of a little experiment with the OS version of Mustella.

1. Obtain the full open source Adobe Flex SDKs
You can check out from here:
http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flex/sdk/trunk

2. Copy the frameworks/test directory and mustella directories into your local Apache Flex
SDK directory

3. Download qa-framworks.zip form here:
http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/blazeds/trunk/qa/resources/frameworks/
Unzip and copy flexunit.swc and mxunit.swc to the mustella directory.

Might be able to get these from elsewhere? Are these related to flexunit in any way does anyone
know?

4. Create a shell script called "runtest" in the mustella directory:
java -jar ../lib/mxmlc.jar +flexlib=../frameworks -debug -allow-source-path-overlap --show-actionscript-warnings=true
-strict=true --library-path+=../mustella --source-path=../frameworks/projects/framework/src,../frameworks/tests/$1
../frameworks/tests/$1/$2

5. Compile a test by running runtest script
Pass runtest the directory name and the mxml file you want compiled. For example:
./runtest graphics GraphicTags_checkin.mxml
./runtest basicTests BasicTests.mxml

I had a issue with font paths in the CSS for the BasicTests so just commented it out of the
CSS.

6. Run a test by viewing the compiled swf in browser.
The output should be logged in flashlog.txt and you can then view any errors by running MustellaResultParser.java.

Not quite got the last step to work - perhaps my mm.cfg doesn't have the right settings.

Anyone else want to have a go?

Thanks,
Justin