From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: While we're waiting for Mustella
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:56:17 GMT

On 3/29/12 2:10 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Take look at framework/tests (in the Open Source SDK not BlazeDS)  it contains
> tests for spark and mx components, mobile skins, performance, layout, graphic
> primitives and a little more. A search on "<TestCase" give 800+ hits.
Yes, but MXUnit is not in there. I don't think mustella is in there either

>> Wait for mustella before making significant changes to the framework.
> It seems we have a set of tests in from the OpenSourse SDK that we could use
> now. They could be used to give some confidence that changes wont break
> things. These tests have already been released by Adobe under a  MPL 1.1
> licence. I'm not suggesting we check these tests into SVN if that's your
> concern.
Like I said, I cannot stop folks from running tests on your computer, but I
will veto tests being checked in using MXUnit.  I just don't think we should
have a dependency on something undocumented and unsupported.

If you want to take a stab at writing tests with Mustella, especially for
new components, I won't veto those, but if you are writing tests for the
framework itself you are duplicating work.

Also note: the tests only cover a small fraction of the code in the
framework.  BasicTests is just a quick sanity check of the top feature of
every component.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team