From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Testing MXMLC (was Re: Here Comes MXMLC!)
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:26:04 GMT

On 3/28/12 1:41 AM, "Martin Heidegger" <mh@leichtgewicht.at> wrote:

> On 28/03/2012 15:39, Alex Harui wrote:
>> I'm not quite sure what you meant by test data, but I don't think we
>> have anything to offer at this time.
> Its a compiler
>
> <take source files> mangle them <output binaries>
>
> I'd assume that a test case, for the I/O exists but judging from your
> answer I guess they were made at
> a different level.
I'm not well-versed on exactly how the compiler folks were doing there
testing, but in a tests folder we could not donate, it appeared that there
were several small source files, but it appeared that they all came from
Tamarin, so we cannot take them at Apache.

BTW, is it sufficient to test the compiler simply by
source->compile->verify-output?  Should junit be involved somehow?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team