From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject [MENTOR] release package questions
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:50:56 GMT
Hi,

Traditionally the Flex SDK has been distributed as a zip file which contains both the source
and the binaries.

I read that every ASF release must contain a source package, which must be sufficient for
a user to build and test the release provided they have access to the appropriate platform
and tools and that Apache allows a binary package as a convenience to users that may not want
to build the sources.

I took a look at 3 or 4 existing Apache projects and their downloads seemed to contain both
sources and binaries.  For one project I looked at, the only difference I could tell was that
the binary package contained documentation.

My questions are:

 *   Is there suppose to be one package with just source and another package with the results
of the build or can they be combined?
 *   Our build downloads some libraries which don't have compatible licenses to the Apache
license.  Can we distribute binaries built with these libraries?

Carol