From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex namespace and build script changes
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:47:07 GMT

On 3/20/12 5 :49PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> 1. FB checks in SDK/frameworks/locale/{locale} directory to find out the
>> relevant rb swcs.
>Can you ask if it checks from a  known list of swcs or  if it checks any
>swc in the framework/lib directory. (I suspect it's a known list.)

For query #1,
I checked that in case of rb swcs, there are no hard coded values. We
consider all the swcs found in the {locale} directory.

>> FB has a list of swcs for various SDKs and it refers to that list to
>>form
>> the source path.
>So again it sounds like this list of swcs is hard coded and the source
>path will not be set for any new swc added to the framework.
>
>Hopefully both these issue can be fixed in FB so it can support new swc's
>in the framework.

For query 2, it's been like this because there is no metadata in Flex SDK
to determine what are the various SWCs in it (i.e. in the libs directory).
To enumerate the list of swcs in libs, would not have been the best way
for builder as the files in them are prone to modification.

Carol