From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: SDK Inclusion Process (was re: [OT] What are we doing here?)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:54:31 GMT

On 3/13/12 10:42 AM, "Omar Gonzalez" <s9tpepper@apache.org> wrote:

> There's an awful lot of process described in your response. This is exactly
> what I'm saying we need to come to an agreement on, finalize a decision and
> publish this process on the wiki.
Yes, there is a sequence, but I think it is the same short set of steps in
iteration.  And, I didn't make this up, I believe other Apache projects work
this way.

What is hard is trying to remember however many steps that will eventually
be on that checklist.  What is slow is trying to use that long checklist to
validate promotion or acceptance of a change.

I want this to be simple:  Use your own good judgment before promoting code
to the next branch with the higher quality bar.  The onus is on you to get
enough eyes on your stuff before promoting it.  That's what the mailing list
and JIRA are for.  Within a branch or whiteboard, any commit is good as long
as it is an incremental improvement and doesn't appear to break anything.

I think I can remember that.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team