From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: SDK Inclusion Process (was re: [OT] What are we doing here?)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:04:46 GMT

On 3/13/12 12:24 AM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I may change my mind about this in the morning, but this is just too much
>> process.
> I see it as more of a list of what you may need to think about/get other
> people to help you out along the way with rather than a step by step process.
> Perhaps I should of left off the numbers? I certainly don't think that a
> contribution would need to address all of those concerns initially but it
> would be not to nice to say to the list  "I've not considered any localisation
> issues with this contribution can someone take a look at that for me" or "I've
> no idea if this works well n Android/iOS".
I don't agree.  If you don't have an IOS device, that shouldn't be a
blocker. If you don't have a Mac, that shouldn't matter either.  That is the
advantage of community.  Folks help each other by contributing their
expertise.

Yes, most of us have the experience to at least think a little about
localization, but I can guarantee I don't know as much about it as some of
you.  The next time I contribute a brand new component, I expect there to be
issues with localization, accessibility, the names of the APIs, and there
will be bugs in it.  But at least there will be code to look at and improve.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team