From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: SDK Inclusion Process (was re: [OT] What are we doing here?)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 06:32:03 GMT

On 3/12/12 4:58 PM, "Omar Gonzalez" <s9tpepper@apache.org> wrote:

> I think Alex and Carol's feedback on this checklist would be greatly
> appreciated as well given their experience with the SDK.
I may change my mind about this in the morning, but this is just too much
process.  Apache allows folks to veto commits, so one item off a checklist
like this is nice to use as your reason to veto something if you happen to
notice it, but to require a human to run this gauntlet or other humans to
enforce this gauntlet feels like too much.

I think we had too much process at Adobe as well.

My only criteria before it goes in a release is that you tried to prove that
it doesn't break anything.  Hopefully we will have an infrastructure to help
you prove that.

And that's why I liked the staged branching plan where stuff goes from
whiteboard to something in-between before going to trunk/release.

Check stuff into your whiteboard in any state, when you feel better about
it, try to get it committed to the interim branch, let folks pound on it,
try to get it committed to trunk.  No proposal emails unless you want to
discuss something that will take a long time to do.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team