From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] html template
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 23:27:00 GMT

On 3/8/12 3:15 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Slightly off the original topic so apologies in advance.
>
> I believe a requirement of the graduation process is also to have an open
> community that can discuss (and submit) changes. I don't believe we can
> graduate right away once the code has been donated and we made a single parity
> release. Am I misunderstanding the process here?
That's correct, but someone has to run a scrub someday down the road when we
eventually try to graduate.  And we will have to pay special attention to
these changes.

>> It isn't an issue of quality, it is about legality.  Changes here will have
>> to be reviewed for legality, not just technical merit.
> Sorry you've totally lost me there. What legal impediments would a (fairly
> simple) change to a single HTML file cause applied after it had been legally
> "cleaned" and donated by Adobe? Especially if it's done by a committer who has
> signed a CLA?
Here's an example:  Suppose we have to remove playerproductinstall from the
template for legal reasons and some patch which was made against a version
that had it accidentally adds it back in.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team