From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: API for reflection
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 20:00:01 GMT

On 3/8/12 10:38 AM, "Michael A. Labriola" <labriola@digitalprimates.net>
wrote:

>> Sounds like a plan! :) Can't wait to see what you've been up to :)
>
> IMO, this is just the place to handle these things. It does mean we build more
> data structures and that does mean more memory use. However, I think we could
> let people opt out of that tradeoff.

Mike, did you take any measurements?  Was the reflection data static or
per-instance?  I would expect that the traits information for properties
would be as efficient or more efficient than metadata.  And the memory
overhead of describetype would outweigh the memory of data structure.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team