From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: API for reflection
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 17:32:06 GMT

On 3/7/12 9:08 AM, "Stefan Horochovec" <stefan.horochovec@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well
>
> In my previous email I suggested was a reflection API built into the
> Flex SDK, and also cited an example a third API that does this, but at
> no time I said that we should copy, request that was donated, so I
> suggested that was developed this feature natively, as there is in
> Java eg
> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/package-summary
> .html
Reflection should probably be a VM feature, which it isn't, and I don't see
it happening soon.  That doesn't mean that we can't tweak the compiler to
add additional properties to classes under some convention so you can get
most of what you want.

> Anyway, the idea was not well regarded? No problem, as I said, it was
> just an idea launched. And after that, I sent an email wondering what
> is the main focus at this time to work on the SDK. Also, ask if it was
> that the development of Spark is still lacking a lot compared to Halo.
There is no "official" focus.  Some folks will work on Spark, some will work
on 3.x, some will be working on Maven integration, some will work on the
compiler, some will work on targeting other platforms, etc.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team