From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components)
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:10:15 GMT

On 3/1/12 9:48 AM, "Michael A. Labriola" <labriola@digitalprimates.net>
wrote:
> Why set the width to 100% on a space, why not have <s:FullWidthSpacer/> or
> <s:FullHeightSpacer/> then you don't need to set the properties at all?
> Incidentally, I support that idea (honestly) if someone want to compose
> objects in their own framework or project for their own use, but does the SDK
> really need to have every combination of composition that's possible?
Not every, just the popular ones.

> To me
> that is opposite  of a small, tight SDK.

IMHO, the "core" SDK needs to be small and tight (base classes, managers,
infrastructure).  But I think we need to plan for 100's of components.
Maybe they will have different release schedules and be organized into
libraries.  And sure, not all will be in our repository.

A smaller set of swiss-army-knife components are much harder to make small,
tight and fast.  It is the screwdriver analogy I used from a previous
discussion.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team