From JP Bader ...@zavteq.com>
Subject Re: Flash Player premium features
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:18:19 GMT
Hey Mark,

One (actually two) slight correction(s):

'(the only source of revenue from flex for Adobe)'

1) Adobe made money off of consulting
2) Some of us made money off of how bad Adobe consulting was when we
had to go in and fix it.

Regardless, Adobe has made it clear what they are focusing in on for
the Flash player, and it is a very specific industry niche (video
streaming/gaming).  It is growing and should not be ignored, but it
is, IMO, limited in scope.  Flex is, IMHO, more utilitarian, with a
vision to the future that isn't (I hope) limited to games, but
available for any industry, any platform, and possibly (eventually)
any output format.

Adobe is saying they have a huge install base (much, much larger than
any console or browser video game base), and are trying to take
advantage of that.  I'm happy to hear they think they have a plan for
taking advantage of premium plans for making money on advanced
features that we, as Flex developers, may or may not use.  However the
inventor may not always see the greatest potential of their invention.
 Their marketing still is a fiasco, and I am glad I am not in that
department.

That said, glad Adobe made an announcement, but that shouldn't affect
us as Apache.

Cheers,

--
JP Bader