From Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicho...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: LCCS discontinued - infamous decision for Adobe clients
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:03:37 GMT
Sebastien,

Adobe has stated that they have no intentions in donating anything to do
with LCCS, and they are making no plans or efforts to open-source anything
to do with LCCS.  They feel that it was a hosted ("rented") service, and
they have no obligation to do it.  A few of us have already asked the
questions to Adobe, and they have repeated the same line.

There are workable solutions that you can build with other products -- FMS,
Wowza, Red5 -- for just about everything except for the screen sharing.  A
few people have popped up talking about ways around that that usually
involve external Java libraries.

Aside from writing your own client code -- installing a Red5 server in AWS
and having it serve your content there is actually cheaper than LCCS for
most cases.

-Nick