From Left Right <olegsivo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Actionscript workers and async locking?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:17:51 GMT
Tink,

Well, what I was saying is that when you hear the word "standard" in the
context of programming, you want to think about a group of professors of
computer science gathering together and postulating the ultimate truth.
This is while the code of any microachitecture framework looks more like an
abstract from Andre Breton's book... (I love him dearly, a good man he was!)
So Parlsey's standard command is more like the standard speed of a UFO,
really - I guess they usually travel at the double speed of light, don't
they? :)

Very recently I had an extremely pleasant experience of inheriting a
project that used Parsley. I spent about two month until I could totally
remove Parsley from the project. When I finally removed the last reference
to Spicefactory, I compared the size of the produced binary and it was
roughly the size of the binary before removal sans the size of Parsley
library and what I estimated to be the required implementation. By the time
of removal, I also eventually fixed several bugs caused by the use of the
said "framework". On the next iteration planning day I was told that it was
a bad thing to do, because now I need another filler for the time allocated
for the project (otherwise, if we finish ahead of time, we would get extra
load of work, and, most importantly, our project budget would be reduced).
Parsley would otherwise provide a good source of bugs and extra work - so I
was tasked to find a replacement, immediately.
What you posted, as you well know is only the top of the iceberg, the
required amount of code to support this construction is nearly ten times
bigger. The time you would need to debug this nice piece of software would
be exponentially larger then if you just used events / event dispatcher.
Though, on the other hand, if you don't work hard, it's difficult to
convince the management your work is worth the money they charge for it :)

Best.

Oleg