From Left Right <>
Subject Re: Here Comes MXMLC!
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:31:28 GMT
Yes Martin, I understood the legal problem. I was just wondering what is
particular about the code that it cannot be replaced by other (modified)
font managers. As you probably know, there are 4 managers currently in SDK
which can encode fonts using somewhat different techniques, but only one
can encode them in a way they fit for the use with the FTE classes. This
is, I assume, the one Alex is talking about. So my question was rather:

what if we take on of the existing managers and modify it so it will
generate DefineFont4 tags - how much of an effort will it require? Or maybe
the technology itself is patented (I doubt this very much... but you never