From Alain Ekambi <jazzmatad...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] My Flex journey.
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 07:54:54 GMT
"Yes: ActionScript 3 is fundamental."

Hi Martin,

While i recommend  Flex devs  to learn ActionScript. ActionScript is not
mandatory to buil Flex applications. Based on a customer request a couple
of years ago we create Flex4j (Flex for  Java it is) That allows Java
developers to write Flex application entirely in Java  using  GWT (No
ActionScript required)

A demo can be found here : http://www.gwt4air.appspot.com/
The entire application is written in Java and contains a lot of demos. You
can also hit the the source button to see how the code looks like.

We opensourced the product  sometimes ago  http://emitrom.com/gwt4flex and
it has been a great success since then.

Greats,

Alain