From João Fernandes <>
Subject Spark datagrid (GridLayout) bug
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:09:18 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've came across a bug (at least I consider as one) and I'm wondering if
the new enhanced Spark Datagrid (to be donated by Adobe) does fix this or
should I log a patch for the current implementation.

The bug is that GridColumns are supposed to accept an ItemRenderer of type
IFactory but it seems that GridLayout is using
the GridItemRendererClassFactory and initializing from scratch the
ClassFactory [1] which defeats the purpose of using a IFactory. In my case
I do want to use a different ClassFactory (extends ClassFactory but does
some additional work) but unable to.

const factoryGenerator:Class = factory.generator;
const moduleFactory:IFlexModuleFactory = grid.moduleFactory;
const instance:Object =
            (moduleFactory) ?
moduleFactory.create(getQualifiedClassName(factoryGenerator)) : new

const factoryProperties:Object =;
if (factoryProperties)
      for (var p:String in factoryProperties)
           instance[p] = factoryProperties[p];