From João Fernandes <>
Subject Re: [OT] Thoughts on a Apache Flex MVC Framework
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 17:22:06 GMT
On 1 March 2012 17:13, andrei apostolache <>wrote:

>  And I don't see why I will need a MVC framework directly implemented in
> Flex SDK,

That's not I said, it's an extension so the core would never have
dependencies on extensions, otherwise they aren't extensions anymore.

> Each project should have it's own purpose, because anyone who uses Flex may
> not necessarily use FlexUnit, or BlazeDS.
> We already have Apache Flex (as core) and extensions (each project with his
> own purpose).
> That's why it's called extensions, they would have different releases from
the core.
Why under Flex Apache project? Because often those projects could be
enhanced by the community and usually many of those are under a repository
but the community can't commit to it. Of course you can fork it but you
loose the visibility of those enhancements. How many OS projects where
forked and those enhancements where lost in the wild?

João Fernandes