From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 360 Flex Denver 2012 - Nominate the Apache Flex MVP!
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:00:33 GMT
On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM, Guthmann, Scott
<sguthmann@on3solutions.com> wrote:
> someone wrote:
>>... 2) Tell us why you, or someone you know, is your MVP selection (most deserving)
of
>> these passes based on their contributions to the Apache Flex project.
>> The ~85 most recent Apache Flex commenters will then vote on your nominations
>> and decide who the passes will go to....

> ...I am also interested in your thoughts about a voting process for those nominated.
I can
> send those who have commented recently a survey monkey link or we can vote here
> with the normal voting process?...

With my mentor hat on, I don't think it's appropriate to hold a vote
here for that.

Apache projects don't have leaders who have more powers than others -
by design.

If external entities want to reward people for their work on Apache
Flex that's cool, but that should happen outside of this project.
Ideally (IMO) there would be just one message on this list to announce
such contests, and the rest happens elsewhere.

I'm trying to say that without being negative about this particular
contest, please don't get me wrong: it's great that folks want to help
promote Flex in this way, we just have to be careful about Apache Flex
staying neutral w.r.t such things.

-Bertrand