From Omar Gonzalez <>
Subject Re: minor Validator improvement
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:46:32 GMT
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Jeff Tapper <> wrote:

> In my whiteboard, I just checked in a minor change to the validator class,
> so the ValidateAll method will return a Vector of ValidationResultEvent
> instances, rather than a generic array.    Since the array cant contain
> anything other than ValidationResultEvent instances, a vector makes more
> sense.  Additionally, the strong typing allows for code hinting and compile
> time checking of the results.
> If anyone has a few minutes, I'd appreciate a quick code review and any
> feedback.
> Another change im contemplating is for the argument to be a Vector of
> IValidator instances, rather than a generic array.
> Thoughts?
It sounds like a good idea, my only concern is breaking a bunch of apps
that are expecting Validator.validateAll() to return a plain Array. I know
there are some methods that were added, instead of changed, to return
Vectors as opposed to Arrays and not break existing apps. I can't think of
the method name I'm remembering, but I think its one of the display objects
that changed. Anyhow, not sure what our approach should be for these kind
of changes.