From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components)
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:07:24 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Om <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> mx.controls.Spacer is nothing but a UIComponent.  It adds nothing and it
> modifies nothing.  The only difference is the usage in a given context.  To
> keep it consistent, we should just copy it over to spark.components.Spacer
> and call it a day.

I agree with this. With this particular component for me its not so much a
need to change its implementation or capabilities but rather to start being
able to actually code my MXML using only one namespace. Perhaps I'm just
being overly OCD here, but <mx:Spacer /> in my <s:HGroup/> tags annoys the
shit out of me. I'd be perfectly happy to just move mx:Spacer to
spark.components.Spacer and call it a day.

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org