From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1295396 - in /incubator/flex/whiteboard/jmclean/validators: ./ src/ src/mx/ src/mx/core/ src/mx/core/Version.as src/mx/validators/ src/mx/validators/PostCodeValidator.as src/tests/ src/tests/PostCodeValidatorTests.as
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 03:20:19 GMT
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Out of curiosity, is there a reason you chose to make it an MX based
> > Validator as opposed to a Spark validator?
>
> I find a lot of people still use mx components, there are still a fair
> number of Flex 3.6 or Flex 4.x mixed mx and spark applications about.

True, maybe I'll make an MX version of the ConfirmStringValidator I put in
my whiteboard.

> There still nothing in Spark that's similar to mx:Form right?

There is a s:Form now since 4.5 I believe.

> Time permitting I'll also to put up a spark on - unless someone writes it
> before me.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

The Spark validators I added are functional, but they still do not have the
globalization features fully implemented. I still haven't exactly figured
out how that all ties in but I think that could be nice for a postal code
validator.

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org