From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing Spark Components List
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 17:19:04 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:

> Omar,
>
> I am sorry that this is going to sound a little snippy but would you
> prefer we stop working on getting the compiler and mustella ready and work
> on moving the new spark components over to apache?  I'm guessing not.

Definitely not. The purpose of the list I made was not to put pressure on
you guys to donate more code, I simply made the list so that we can have a
clear list of what components exist and which are not actually ported to
Spark. Also, Jonathan mentioned some components should not exist, I'll
address his email next but the purpose of this list was not to say we
absolutely have to port each MX component 1:1 to Spark, the list was meant
to start a conversation around all of the "missing" components. I really do
appreciate the work you're doing to get Mustella and the compiler ready, so
please don't take this as a stab at your efforts. This list needed to be
done regardless of the current status of code to be donated.

>  I think calling it vaporware is a bit strong.  I think on your chart you
> should note "potential contribution" from Adobe or some such wording, not
> because we wouldn't donate them but there might be others versions that
> have been done in the community that people prefer to ours.
>
> Carol

Agreed, again I wasn't calling it vaporware to be a jerk, I was just saying
it a.) does not exist in our repository, and b.) does not exist anywhere
that we can actually look at any of the Spark work that Adobe has done.
Because of these two reasons then I was/am unable to provide any kind of
status that wouldn't be just pure speculation on my part. Since putting the
list up Tink has pointed out he has done work regarding some of the
"missing" Spark components and I've indicated so by adding notes in the
list to where people can see examples and his source code.

If you could provide more insight into which components have had more work
done I'll gladly update the list and add some notes to the list, I just
couldn't come up w/ that list of work Adobe has done on my own. Right now
its Accordion and one other?

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org