From Omar Gonzalez <>
Subject s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components)
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 08:53:27 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Arnoud Bos <>wrote:

> I believe s:Rect is a little more light weight as it doesn't inherit
> from UIComponent. I use it all the time for my spacing needs
> Arnoud

I've done the same for the same reason, I think I'll just subclass it and
add some convenience setters, using s:Rect in a s:Group for spacing can be

Here's a question... can you think of any use for a s:SkinnableSpacer? How
useful would that be? I'm thinking things like something you might use
between text that you want different skinned versions of? Is
s:SkinnableContainer sufficient? Or maybe a lighter weight version of
SkinnableContainer? I suppose its about the same thing I just have not
looked closely at the internals of s:SkinnableContainer to see if it can be
made to be lighter in weight.

Omar Gonzalez
Apache Flex PPMC Member