From Omar Gonzalez <>
Subject Re: Flex and names spaces in MXML
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 17:17:48 GMT
On Saturday, March 17, 2012, Left Right <> wrote:
>> For generic MXML that is correct but for the Flex SDK there is ie
> flex-config.xml.
> Justin, you are confusing Flex SDK and Flex framework. If you use SDK, you
> may not use the framework. MXML doesn't require that you use UIComponent
> download any RSLs. I'm not "assuming" it, I know it for a fact because
> is how I use it. There are others, who do it the way I do. I have even
> posted once to Adobe community documentation system an article about it,
> because it's a common confusion. Here's the article itself:
> .
> Lastly, why Flex should make things worse? If it was good (correct)
> while being generic, why Flex have to come and spoil it? :S
> Best.
> Oleg

How is Flex spoiling anything? You can still do that and no one is talking
about removing that. I think all we are talking about is what to use for
components that are not yet " officially" in Spark or MX package. Flex
needs the xmlns because the community did not want FxList and wanted s:List.

This thread feels like its gone way off the tracks.