From Omar Gonzalez <s9tpep...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unit tests
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:14:24 GMT
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM, JP Bader <jp@zavteq.com> wrote:

> Every time we want a little progress, Adobe makes sure their "legal"
> has some more wrangling to do, so we fall a little further
> behind...Does anyone else sense that maybe Adobe is intentionally
> sabotaging any of our progress?  That's just the conspiracy-theorist
> in me...

I don't think so, and I don't think starting up conspiracy theory threads
is conducive to the people that are working toward getting us past that,
namely Alex and Carol. I am just as frustrated as the next person, and I'm
sure Alex and Carol are even more so since they're the ones doing the work.
But as it's been brought up already this is not uncommon for projects with
extremely large code bases and history to migrate. All legal departments
are slow, they get paid by the hour.. :P

The best we can do is to have patience and work on things that are possible
to work on, such as Tink and Justin have been doing. I am waiting for JIRA
issues to get imported to work on existing SDK, in the meanwhile I have
some experiments going on that I'm trying to get to a place where I feel
comfortable sharing with everyone so they can rip it apart and start some
iterative cycles on.

Let's try to stay positive! (I know I'm definitely guilty of not being
positive sometimes, but I'm making an effort)

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org