From Piotr Kawiak <>
Subject Re: [OT] Thoughts on a Apache Flex MVC Framework
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 13:52:27 GMT
> Overly complicated? Come on.... More simple and organized in a way that
> everyone comprehends ?

I don't know your framework but I have experience with several
intrusive frameworks that brutally impose MVC (PureMVC, Aconcagua) and
I really find them too restrictive. I don't like boilerplate code,
extending controllers, commands, models blah... blah... (in 9 cases of
10 I don't really need their functionality). I know that it gives
certain sense of 'organization' but you can also achieve this in other
ways using simpler, less intrusive, means ...

On a side note:  why did you choose to implement your own MVC
framework while there is at least several of them on the web free of
charge, tested, and documented?

View raw message