From Roland Zwaga <rol...@stackandheap.com>
Subject Re: Actionscript workers and async locking?
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2012 19:32:20 GMT
On 24 March 2012 19:42, Robert Smith <robert@thedevprocess.com> wrote:

> Hi Cosma,
>
> It sounds like you really can't do much about the timing of your bootstrap
> if one call is dependent upon the result of your prior call. Even if you
> had threads available, you'd be waiting the same amount of time.  So, I'm
> thinking the best you're going to get at this point is some nice code
> organization that is easy to follow. Here are some resources I've found
> helpful.
>
> Cairngorm 3 Task framework - http://sourceforge.net/adobe/**
> cairngorm/wiki/**CairngormLibraries/<http://sourceforge.net/adobe/cairngorm/wiki/CairngormLibraries/>
> PureMVC (framework dependent) - http://trac.puremvc.org/**
> Utility_AS3_AsyncCommand<http://trac.puremvc.org/Utility_AS3_AsyncCommand>
> Robotlegs (framework dependent) - http://aaronhardy.com/flex/**
> macrobot-macro-commands-for-**robotlegs/<http://aaronhardy.com/flex/macrobot-macro-commands-for-robotlegs/>

Hey guys,

just wanted to add this link to the discussion as well :)

http://as3commons.org/as3-commons-async/introduction.html

as3commons-async aims to provide a common API for all sorts of asynchronous
functionality in actionscript. It would be nice if the Flex framework could
try and support a similar approach.
Right now its kind of confusing to use AsyncTokens, eventdispatchers, and
complete events for all the various types of async behaviour.

cheers,

Roland